Saturday, July 24, 2010

Doing Something Different ...

Yesterday I took my boys to the park to fly kites ... There wasn't nearly enough wind, but we went anyway. I have to be honest ... I normally am so busy that I often don't take time for the little things with my kids. I know ... it's terrible, but it's true. I had a full day & was agitated & couldn't relax. Normally at this point I would probably get on my computer to shut off to the world & continue to be irritated & frustrated inside. Instead, yesterday, I decided to get the boys out of the house & go enjoy the beautiful day!

Sometimes it's the little things that put everything into perspective. As I sat there at the park listening to the boys laughing & running around trying to fly the kites, it made me realize how I need to have more of their spirit! Life hasn't hit them yet ... they don't have a care in the world & are open to experience what the moments in life bring them. I realize that I am always so busy in my mind that I often don't get to experience those little things in a day that can bring so much joy! In  those moments at the park yesterday, I got to leave my worries for a time & just "BE" with my boys! It's funny, my day seemed to take on a new direction ... I wasn't irritated & frustrated anymore ... but rather, I felt blessed, thankful & at peace.

Perspective really is everything! "Choosing something different" in a moment can change ones perspective on what it is they are going through! I have found this to be true with my MS. I could look at this terrible disease as a death sentence, give up & stop truly LIVING ... or I can choose to see it as a blessing! A blessing? Yes I said it ... a blessing! Because of this disease I have met many new friends who are struggling with the same issues & I can relate to them. I have been able to connect with "old" friends who are also on this same path. Maybe, just maybe I can help someone else with my story who is going through another challenge in life. Hopefully I can give people hope through my story. I believe if I am open & can share my life maybe someone out there can find something they can relate to & move forward in their own life! We are all given the life we have, so why not try to do something with it? There is only one me so why not BE ME & share it with the world? Who knows the effect my life can have on another ... what may seem small & insignificant to me in the moment may be the world to someone else!

 

Yesterday, taking the boys to the park to fly kites was the world to them ... Little did I know it would be the world to me too! ♥

5 comments:

  1. Hi Glo,
    This is amazing...thank you for being so willing to share your life with us! You are a wonderful person, and I'm glad to know you!

    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy ... I also tried to click on your blog but can't see it ... is it a "private" blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gloria,
    You have a remarkable story and show such strength and courage.
    We love the way you are so open to natural supplements that are recognized by your body.
    You are a true inspiration!
    love, Terry and Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not private that I know of! I'm at yukonmom.blogspot.com. Come visit....things are pretty quiet right now, but I will be back to writing soon.

    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tammy ... I will check out your blog!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete